As a new year begins, it is crucial we sit down to plan out our blogging goals. To reach those goals we must also map out the daily, weekly, and monthly tasks that are going to help us get there. However, not all blogging tasks are created equal.
So, today we will be talking all about high ROI (Return in Investment) blogging tasks you should consider when formulating your blogging plan.
Let’s face it! Time is limited… specially if you are a mom!
It is incredibly important that we use the limited time we have on things that will help our blog grow (income and traffic).
It is very easy to get caught up in “busy” work. So, knowing ahead of time which tasks are the most vital when you sit down to work it is crucial for increasing productivity.
With that said, not everyone’s blogging journey looks the same.. so make sure you take a look at all of the following high ROI tasks and use the ones that make the most sense for your blog.
The following blogging tasks are crucial to increase both income and traffic. When you work in any of the following categories, you are likely to see the return in your investment (time and/or money).
Oh and… give this tutorial a read if you need help with blog planning and scheduling.
Important ROI Blogging Tasks
*This post may contain some affiliate links. Click here for more info.
1. Content Creation
Ongoing, quality content creation is the fire-proof way to ensure your blog continues to grow.
What do I mean by content creation? New material….
- New blog posts
- New YouTube video
- Email sequences to your list
- Social media posts
Creating new, fresh, and engaging content ensures you attract new readers.
The more readers, the higher your blog traffic, and the higher the chances for increasing your blogging income (ads, affiliate sales, own products).
2. Pinterest Presence
Just as important as it is to creating high-quality content, it is promoting it on Pinterest!
You can create as much content as you want, but if you don’t put it in from of your ideal audience it might take a while for it to be found… if ever!
Focusing on SEO is extremely important, but we all know SEO is a long-term game. Pinterest however, has the potential to bring in a large amount of traffic almost instantly.
That is why focusing on Pinterest is one of the most important ROI tasks you should consider adding to your blogging plan.
Being intentional with high-quality pin creation (daily), pinning (manually and/or using Tailwind), and having strong personal boards increases your chances at higher Pinterest traffic, faster.
★ Resources that can help:
- Pinterest Template Bundle
- 5 Best Pinterest Courses for Bloggers (Beginner to Advanced)
- Tailwind’s Pinterest Planner
- Pinteret 100: The top trends to inspire and try in 2020
3. Learning and Implementing SEO
As good as Pineterst is at bringing fast traffic to your blog, it also takes a lot of “active work”.
Learning and implementing SEO in your blog posts ensures that you increase your changes at ranking in Google. Receiving consistent organic traffic from Google is the best case scenario for any blogger.
Therefore, making time in your “Blogging Plan” this year to learn SEO strategies AND implement them should be priority!
★ Resources that can help:
Another 2 great and inexpensive resources that can help you strengthening your SEO knowledge base are the following 2 eBooks by Debbie Gartner:
4. Growing you Email List
Another ROI task to include in your Blogging Plan is to grow your email list.
Despite of algorithm changes on Pintetest and Google, your email subscribes are the one thing that will remain consistent no matter what.
Therefore, you should have plans on growing and nurturing your email as part of this year’s Blogging Plan.
★ Resources that can help:
1. FREE Landing Page Challenge hosted by ConverKit (Now – Jan. 31st)
- It’s free to register for the challenge
- They will are be hosting 5 live webinars throughout the challenge to teach each step of list growth (opt-in creation, building the landing page, and promotion)
- There will be prizes for challenge registrants who pass a certain level of subscriber growth from their landing page within the 30-day challenge window
- For one creator who can set up a landing page that grows their list by over 100 subscribers during the challenge, ConvertKit is giving away a grand prize of $10,000, a free year of ConvertKit, and a year of coaching with one of their account managers.
- Hurry though, Challenge ends January 31st, 2020!
>> Register for FREE, here <<
5. Product Creation
Another great “Return On Investment” task is to create eproducts. By selling your own products is how most successful bloggers make most of their income. More so, eproducts give you the ability to earn passive income, which is a blogger’s dream.
So… even if you have no idea what product you would like to create this year, pencil it in your blogging plan. Take a few minutes of your blogging time to sit down and research ideas for product creation on your niche.
Some of those products could be:
- Writting an ebook or publishing an book
- Creating an eCourse
- Selling Templates
- Selling Printables
- Opening a Shopify Store
- Opening an Etsy Store
I mean you name it… you can do it! Just add it ti your calendar, formulate a plan, and make it happen!
★ Here are some of my favorite resources to help with product creation:
1. eCourse Creation: Course by Number by Suzi Whitford (Save 20% using the code: JAN20)
2. eBook Creation: How to Write and eBook and Make Money (Blog Post)
Promoting your content is also an important part of your ROI tasks to schedule in your blogging plan.
Some people say you should spend 20% of your time creating content and 80% of your time promoting it. Although I don’t necessarily agree with those percentages, I do agree that it is definitely important to help your content get out there.
- Promoting it on Pinterest (Free or Paid)
- Facebook Groups for Bloggers
- Other Social Media Platforms
With that said, I want to also be clear about something… You don’t have to be in a million platforms at the same time to promote your content successfully! That could be extremely counterproductive and not give you a good ROI.
If you are new to blogging, figure out where your audience is. Once you have an idea, focus on those places the most.
Promoting your content will depend on your niche, but for the most part Pinterest and Facebook (especially, Pinterest) are great places to focus on).
★ Great resource (limited time):
Monica Froese will be hosting a series of free webinars on Pinterest Ads. THIS…. is the epitome of ROI!
Monica will teach you how to promote anything you want using Pinterest Ads and getting 2,3, even 4-fold of your investment.
Here is an example of results her students have had…
- 38 product sales
- $360.35 spent
- $1,580 in profit — 438.46% RETURN ON INVESTMENT!
- 417 new email subscribers acquired at only $.86 per subscriber in the B2B space
So, if you are ready to learn how to promote content that isn’t at the mercy of the Pinterest algorithm and that will double or triple your investment, sign up to Monica’s free training.
7. Revamp old Content
Another vital task you should consider adding to your blogging schedule is revamping old content.
Often times we get so caught up creating new content that we forget about the content we have already written.
Assign a few minutes a week to go over on blog post that needs revamping. Google tends to favor content that is updated and relevant.
What do I mean by revamping?
- Editing outdated information
- Adding new images
- Interlinking to related new content
- Adding relevant affiliate links
- Creating new pins for that blog post
All of those little tweaks could make a big impact on your traffic and income.
★ Related Articles:
- The Ultimate Blog Planning and Scheduling Tutorial (Daily/Weekly/Monthly)
- Why Every Profitable Blog Needs SOPs to Be Successful
- How to Make Money Blogging (Plus, the Secret Sauce)
- 75+ Tips for New Bloggers (to Get you Going on the Right Track)
There you have you have it my friend!
Those are some of the most importing blogging tasks you should be focusing on when you create your blogging schedule.
Taking a few minutes to do the aforementioned tasks could have a big impact on your traffic and income, hence providing you with good ROI (time and/or money).
What ROI blogging tasks are you prioritizing this year?
Don’t forget to pin for later…